❝ Wow can you imagine people still running blogs in 2020 ❞
Home
Convention: SMASH! 2015 Highlights posted at 5:07 PM





SMASH! is a Japanese contemporary culture convention bringing together Cosplayers, Lolitas, Anime fans and Japan enthusiasts alike. I have only been to SMASH once during my high school years, and it was tad smaller back then. I was very surprised at how big the new venue, Rosehill Gardens was, and the many events and stalls that were happening on this busy, busy weekend.

This year I volunteered at the J-Fashion Indie Corner stall at SMASH! 2015. I did this as a favour of my friend Kate, who runs Rouge Aerie Designs. She is currently in America tending to some urgent business so some of us jumped on board to help her out. Kate is a lovely person and she deserves all the help she can get, really. On Day One I wore Misty Sky, and on Day Two I wore my signature CDC!!





As a volunteer, I got to experience first hand what it is like to work behind the scenes. It's a lot of hard work, man hours and chasing people up. Particularly because our fashion stall consisted of many different brands, both local and international, including Peppermint FoxMulberry ChroniclesErgi by PiratessanHaenuliMoon BunnyThe Floral NotebookRosenmärchenme & yue.Deerstalker PicturesElectric AliceChérie CeriseHoney FlavourTights by Cordelia, and art by Tearschu and Maiko (me!). we certainly were very busy. Our team meticulously kept track of all the merchandise and finance, at the same time providing excellent customer service. Much love to our team, Sophia, Jess, Elyse and Maya for being ultra organised.


Look at how cute our Stall was!



Since we were so busy, I didn't really get to take as much photos as I would have liked to, but there were some amazing outfits.


Long story short, I ended up modelling for the fashion show, representing Haneuli, not too long before it was time for the show to start. Luckily most of my outfit matched the dress, and Alana lent me her gold Jane Marple shoes so I can be matching. So special thank you to Alana for letting me borrow them! It was wonderful seeing all the models showcase the beautiful designs - show went fantastically! I forgot to have a outfit shot taken of me for the fashion show, but a photographer did take some of me and the other girls as a group, so I will post them later!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

About
⋆ Maiko, Mai, Japanese Australian, Very inconsitient, sparsely published fashion and lifestyle blogger. ⋆
Instagram